or call us on 01306 746 300
This insurance policy provides insurance cover to pay for school fees should you become ill or have an accident, and be unable to work for a period of more than 13 weeks.
Click here to download our brochure.
Your chosen level of fees would be paid direct to the school in monthly instalments, starting one month after the Deferred period (13 weeks). Payments will be made until you return to work, your child reaches 18 years of age, five years of benefits have been paid or you cease to be eligible (see terms and conditions for full details of eligibility).
The Scheme's insurer, Unum, has a team of medical service staff, vocational rehabilitation specialists and a vocation rehabilitation service team that would be available to work with you to assist your recovery and to enable you to return to work as soon as possible.
- Choice of cover available
- Easy on-line application process (available soon)
- Low premiums
Please view the terms and conditions for a full explanation of cover and look at the FAQs or contact us if you have any questions.
How long does cover continue under this policy?
You remain covered under the policy for as long as you continue to pay Premiums and until the earliest of the following events:
- Your child leaves their fee paying school
- You retire
- You die
- You reach the age of 70
- You become self employed or are no longer employed
- The end of the academic school year in which your child reaches 18 years of age
Are there any exceptions under the policy?
Your school fees will not be paid under this scheme:
- If you are incapacitated due to a condition that existed before you took out the policy and paid the first Premium. (Please refer to the Pre-existing condition definition)
- If the condition from which a claim arises is as a result of drug abuse, participation in a war (whether declared or not), invasion, rior or civil commotion.
How long do we continue to pay the school fees?
While you remain Incapacitated, which means being unable to perform the material and substantial duties required of you in your current occupation and any gainful occupation with any employer for which you are reasonably fitted by reason of training, education or experience.
We will continue to pay the insured school fees at the agreed rate until the end of the academic year in which your child reaches 18, or 5 years of benefits have been paid, whichever is the shorter.
When might school fees cease to be paid under this policy?:
Claims will cease to be paid under the policy when:
- You are no longer incapacitated
- You return to work
- Your employer continues to pay your full salary in excess of 12 months from the date you were first absent
- You are no longer employed (voluntarily or involuntarily) for any other reason other than sickness or an accident
- Your Child leaves fee-paying education
- You undertake any form of employment without notifying SFS Group and obtaining our prior consent
- You die
- You retire
- You are detained in prison
Click here to view and download a sample certificate and the terms and conditions.